If you are looking forward to trek in Kanchenjunga conservation area, here are the 10 things you might want to know.
- Kanchenjunga trek can be done in 22 to 26 days starting from Kathmandu.
- Kanchenjunga trek can be done in Tea house or Camping style.
- Max altitude on the is trek 5100m which is North Base Camp of mount Kanchenjunga.
- Total trekking distance is approximately 200 Km.
- 5 major peaks of Kanchenjunga are Kanchenjunga South, Central, Main, Yalung Kang and Mount Jannu.
- Temperature during trekking season is 20°C during the day and -10°C at night.
- Trekking peaks in Kanchenjunga region are Bokta peak, mount Karbu, Pathibhara peak, Nepal peak, Sobithunje, Gimi Gelu and Syarpu range.
- Wild animals that can be seen in Kanchenjunga are Snow Leopard, Blue Ship, Deer, Red Panda, Asian Black Beer, Thar, Rabbit, Squirrel, Yak, Wild Cat, Wild Boar.
- Birds that can be seen in Kanchenjunga are Lophophorus, Mountain Eagle, Crow, Mountain Pigeon, Golden-breasted fulvetta, Snow cock, Blood Pheasant, and Red-billed Chough
- Vegetations that can be seen in Kanchenjunga trek are Rhododendron, Pine tree, Juniper, Lichens, Orchids, Silver Pine, Bamboo Bush, Cordyceps